Each fall and spring, managers have a unique opportunity to complete the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” certificate with a cohort of peers. Participating in the cohort can provide managers with a forum in which to discuss issues related to leadership and management with like-minded leaders on campus. For the academic year 2021-2022 the Managers Cohort will be offering our leadership program in a hybrid format using both a virtual and in-person approach.
Some details of the program:
- You must be a manager to attend these workshops. We define a manager as someone who provides feedback, approves vacation and time worked, and completes performance reviews of other UF employees.
- As part of this program, each participant will engage in a 360-degree evaluation process to help direct their professional development. Designed to provide participants with insight into skills and behaviors needed to be effective leaders and based on the UF Leadership Competency Model, this 360-degree evaluation will provide feedback from the employee’s manager, peers, staff members, and others (identified by participant).
- Spaces are limited. Managers who apply for the cohort option will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A letter of support form from your immediate supervisor is also required as part of your application.
- The cohort will meet once or twice a month starting in September through May. We ask that participants in the cohort group be able to commit to attend at least 12 out of the 15 scheduled workshops.
- Each month, at least one of the workshops from the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” will be offered especially for this cohort. In addition to having access to the training, participants will be able to network with the same group of managers over the course of two semesters to allow in-depth discussion of the content—and to provide an increased opportunity to learn from one another.
2021-2022 Managers Cohort Schedule
|Course||Date & Time|
|Kick-off session||September 22, 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.|
|SCS055 Inspiring Trust||October 20, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS035 Emotional Intelligence||November 17, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS030 What to do First When Everything is Important: Planning, Priorities and Delegation||December 15, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS045 Thinking Strategically||January 12, 8:30 to noon|
|SCS045 Accountability in the Workplace||January 26, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Mid-point check-in||February 9, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|
|SCS101 HR 101||February 23, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS014 Communication for Managers||March 9, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS040 Interviewing and Hiring||March 23, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS030 Power of Feedback||April 20, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|SCS020 Coaching for Success||May 18, 8:30 a.m. to noon|
|Wrap-up session||May 25, 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.|