Applications for the 2023-2024 Managers Cohort are now closed
Beginning each fall, managers have a unique opportunity to complete the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” certificate program with a cohort of peers. Participating in the cohort can provide managers with a forum in which to discuss issues related to leadership and management with like-minded leaders on campus.
Some details of the program:
- You must be a manager to attend these workshops. We define a manager as someone who provides feedback, approves vacation and time worked, and completes performance reviews of other UF employees.
- As part of this program, each participant will engage in a 360-degree evaluation process to help direct their professional development. Designed to provide participants with insight into skills and behaviors needed to be effective leaders and based on the UF Leadership Competency Model, this 360-degree evaluation will provide feedback from the employee’s manager, peers, staff members, and others (identified by participant).
- Spaces are limited. Managers who apply for the cohort option will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- A letter of support form from your immediate supervisor is also required as part of your application.
- The cohort will meet once or twice a month starting in September through May. We ask that participants in the cohort group be able to commit to attend at least 12 out of the 15 scheduled workshops.
- Each month, at least one of the workshops from the “Managing at UF: The Supervisory Challenge” will be offered especially for this cohort. In addition to having access to the training, participants will be able to network with the same group of managers over the course of two semesters to allow in-depth discussion of the content—and to provide an increased opportunity to learn from one another.