The UF Leadership Academy is a program designed specifically for faculty and professional staff on our campus, providing a unique opportunity for recognized star achievers. Entering its 16th year, the UF Academy focuses on immersion in institutional culture and governance through private interviews with members of the President’s cabinet as well as other leaders who are guiding UF to preeminence.
- Participants are selected via a competitive applicant process.
- The application process will open again in April 2024.
Candidates must have two years in a supervisory or decision-making role at UF. This criterion is waived for those professionals at the Assistant Director level and faculty/clinicians.
Candidates must receive support from their immediate supervisors including protected time to participate in Academy activities throughout each month of the program and must have satisfactory performance reviews and attendance records.
To be fully engaged, participants must be willing and able to adjust personal and professional schedules to attend bi-monthly meetings and scheduled leadership development trainings.
A selection committee will review applications and announcements will be made in June via email notification.
- Leadership competencies used as structure, based on what’s most important for leadership success at UF.
- Individual 360-degree assessment to guide development.
- Participation in seven key leadership training sessions.
- Cohort participants will conduct private interviews with members of the President’s cabinet as well as other leaders who are guiding UF to preeminence.
Fee to participate
Upon acceptance into the UF Academy program, the participate fee is $500. This covers materials, assessments, and other resources.
- Frank Bova
- Past Chair, UF Faculty Senate
- Marsha McGriff
- Chief Diversity Officer and Senior Advisor to the President
- Chris Hass
- Associate Provost
- Elaine Turner
- Dean, College of Agricultural and Life Sciences